The respected name in Petaluma Real Estae for more than 50 years.
The respected name in Petaluma Real Estate for more than 50 years.

Where do I return my rental application? 
All rental applications must be delivered to the Westgate Real Estate office with all required back-up documentation.  Please reference the rental application and guidelines for full details.  Our business office is located at 221 Petaluma Boulevard South, across from Walnut Park.

When is my rent due?

Unless listed differently on your rental agreement, rent is due on the first of month, and technically is considered late as of the second.  If rent is not received at Westgate Real Estate office by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the grace period listed on your rental agreement, a late charge will be assessed.  Never deduct anything from your rent without prior authorization from Westgate Real Estate.

Where do I pay my rent?

All rent payments, general correspondence and notifications must be sent directly to Westgate Real Estate at P.O. Box 2915, Petaluma, CA 94953 and payable as listed on your rental agreement. 

Who do I call for emergency repair?

For an emergency repair, please contact the Westgate Real Estate property management line at (707) 762-1565 and leave a message. You may also call our cell phone at (707) 484-7694 and leave a message.  All emergencies repairs request must be followed up with our Written Maintenance Request Form.

What do I do if I need a repair in the home I am renting?
For non-emergency request for your home, please complete the Written Maintenance Request Form and fax or email it to Please outline the work requested and any important details to ensure we send the correct technician to solve the problem. If possible, attach pictures to the request. Westgate Real Estate will follow up with you with a progress report.

Does the property owners insurance cover my personal property?

No, the property owners insurance does not cover tenants' personal property.  Tenants should obtain renters insurance to cover personal property.  Westgate Real Estate and the property owner are not responsible for any loss or damage of your personal property located on the premises. 

May I make changes to the home I am renting?

Often the property owner will welcome your improvements to the home and yard.  However, tenants must not to make any changes or improvements, even painting, without prior written consent. 

How do I give my 30 day notice?

A written 30-day notice signed by all tenants must be sent to Westgate Real Estate at P.O. Box 2915, Petaluma, CA 94953.  We provide you with a written form on our web site under Property Management.

What do I need to do to have my security deposit returned?
Upon submitting your 30-day notice, Westgate Real Estate will provide a check list of recommended cleaning.  Tenancy will be considered terminated when all keys are returned to the Westgate Real Estate office.  You may request a pre-move out assessment of your home by contacting the property management office.  Be sure to leave a forwarding address so we may forward your deposit and the closing statement.